Did You Know?
- Australia has the highest skin cancer rate in the world.
- Western Australia has the second highest rate of skin cancer in Australia.
- Skin cancer will affect two in three Australians. It is recommended that all adult patients should have an annual skin check.
- Over 95% of skin cancer can be treated if found early.
- Skin cancers may not be painful and are commonly seen rather than felt.
- Skin check is simple and non invasive.
Risk Factors Includes:
- Fair skin that burns easily and does not tan
- Blue or green eyes/fair skin/red hair
- Suffered sunburn as a child
- Spent your childhood in Australia
- A large number of freckles or moles
- A family history or personal history of skin cancer
- Used a solarium and/or
- Worked or spent a lot of leisure time in the sun
- Thorough Skin Checks
- Skin Cancer Treatment
- Skin Cancer Surgeries on
- Squamous Cell Cancer
- Basal Cell Cancer
- Malignant Melanoma
- Non Malignant Skin Tumour including Subaceous cysts and Lipoma (size up to 5cm)